Thirparappu Waterfalls, Kanyakumari district, Tamilnadu

Thirparappu Waterfalls in Kanyakumari district, Tamilnadu


I visited this waterfalls when I was in Thuckalay for 1 day (7 day solo trip Tamilnaduand was looking for something to visit, then someone suggested me for it and it was just some 20 km from Thuckalay. 
So I decided to visit it early morning, as few other things were lined up for the remaining day.

So next day I woke up at 4:30 AM sharp, and got ready and reached 5:20 AM at Thuckalay Bus stop which was just at 3-4 min walking distance from my hotel.
And yes, 1st bus was ready to leave which was going to Thirparapu. I  was so excited as planned things were going well, also I woke up this much early in my history 😁 so it was giving me another great feeling.

In some 30 minutes, Bus dropped me at Thirparapu around 6:00 AM and then I walked few meters to reach the waterfalls. I heard some temple music so 1st I went to the temple which was "Thirparapu Mahadevar temple". 
Somehow I felt like it is Kerala style temple. As the architecture and some rules at the temple were different. But the vibes were so good there..

After this, I went to the dam, clicked some pictures, enjoyed the sunrise views and spent some time there as waterfalls entry time starts at 7 AM.
Then after coming back from dam side, I had some sweet tender coconut water 😍 and then moved towards waterfalls.

Once I saw waterfalls, it was too difficult to stop myself for not going into the water...but still somehow I controlled myself as I didn't had spare clothes. And I had to go back by Bus. But still I was very close to the waterfalls..and water droplets were flying in the air and was coming to my face and hairs. I felt satisfied with the touch of those droplets. I spent some 1 hour there and then left to get the return Bus to Thuckalay.

Actually after this waterfalls, I had other plans also to visit Rock Jain temple (Malaikovil) which was nearby but in opposite direction and when I enquired with local people how to reach how to come back then I felt like I may be stuck with no option to come back from the temple, as no proper conveyance available..so I dropped the plan. But if someone has own vehicle then easy to visit that rock temple as well.

So I will say to add it in the list if you also somewhere in Kanyakumari district and want to visit some waterfalls as Morning vibes were so beautiful here. Temple music, water sound, birds chirping, greenery, sunrise, and this all fills totally different energy in the atmosphere😍

Check Instagram reel 😁

For more travel stories and details😍, find me on Instagram @shweta.traveler

Bye bye...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day at Isha foundation, Adiyogi- Coimbatore

Hampi, now a World Heritage site and earlier capital of Vijayanagara Empire

Explore a heritage village of Tamilnadu- Chettinad